Thursday 8 May 2014

Flowers


Hi everyone, hope all is well with you. Would like to show you a card I've made for a few challenges. I stamped the flowers in black Memories Ink and coloured with Promarkers.

Inspiration for layout taken from Vicki's Muse #66 card, theme and colours from ColourQ #240, Inkspirational #55 - Pink and Green and STAMPlorations - May challenge: Stamps and Flowers.

This is actually "mark 2" of the card. The first one had some twine and a different sentiment, however after DH told me the sentiment (which was placed just above the flowers) looked like a "weird spiders web" I decided I had to redo it! I have to admit I do struggle with getting a sentiment in the right place so I hope this looks OK.

Thanks for stopping by, have a lovely day xx



Supplies
Lily of the Valley and sentiment stamp - PTI
Promarkers

14 comments:

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A beautiful card Sue - love the pink and green combination, and your sentiment is perfectly placed!

Have a lovely weekend - Sylvia xx

Aileen said...

Beautiful card and the placement is perfect. I know what you mean though I always struggle with exactly where to place the sentiment.

Ardyth said...

Love the clean look of this lovely take on this week's Muse - so glad you joined us!

Anonymous said...

Husbands are very useful (and tolerant) critics! :) this is a beautiful card. Love the colours you chose as well as that side panel!

sandie said...

Wonderful colouring Sue and lovely CAS design. Your sentiment is placed perfectly and I bet it was on take 1 too!! Our husbands don't know best when it comes to cards!!! Have a good weekend and thanks for joining us at Stamplorations

Marina said...

What beautiful colouring on those flowers, Sue, the design (and the placement of the sentiment!) are perfect. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time! Marina

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love your coloring of this awesome image! Thanks for joining in with Muse!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Oh yeah - thanks for joining in with STAMPlorations too! :)

Greta said...

So pretty--beautifully colored flowers!

Claire said...

Don't you just love husbands and their critique of your crafty work? Sounds like the kind of thing mine would say. Such a pretty stamp and brilliantly coloured..really should get me some of those promarkers. Thanks for playing along at Colour Q this week!

Loll said...

Really pretty Sue. Love the layout and design with the pink patterned panel behind your pretty lily-of-the-valley flower. Loll xx

Karen M said...

I love the gorgeous flowers on your card - so pretty! I always struggle with sentiments too but yours is perfect - hugs xx

Beth said...

I love this PTI stamp - I wish I could have the whole year set! Such a gorgeous card you've made with it too :-)

Beth xx

Debra James said...

Such a pretty soft card.. Thanks for playing along with STAMPlorations.