Thursday 7 November 2013

DD#77, Merry Monday #82, Inkspirational #42 and CFC119


Hi everyone, I hope you are all well! 

I've made this card for a few challenges: Dynamic Duos: Red and Aqua, Merry Monday: red, aqua, white and circles, Inkspirational #42: wreath and CAS-ual Fridays: heat or dry embossing.


I've been lucky enough to go to a few craft shows recently and have some new stash to play with. I cut the wreath once in aqua card and once in red, cut the red flowers out and stuck them on to the wreath which I found was easier said than done! It's very fiddly to do and to my dismay one of the tiny flowers disappeared onto the floor under my craft desk never to be seen again and I had used my last piece of Real Red card, so I hope it doesn't show too much! 

I attached the wreath to some embossed white card, cut the sentiment banner and added a little soft inking and a sentiment. There's a bit of stamped woodgrain behind the sentiment and some tiny pearls here and there.

Hope you're having a good week and enjoying making your Christmas cards.

Take care, Sue x

Supplies
Catalina Wreath die - Memory Box
Dot embossing folder - Sizzix
Sentiment banner die - Spellbinders
Coastal Cabana and Real Red card stock and markers - Stampin' Up!
Woodgrain stamp - Clearly Besotted Stamps
Sentiment stamp - PTI

14 comments:

Cindy Brumbaugh said...

Sue, this is so pretty! The colors are shown so delicately with your design. I like the woodgrain stamping- a great detail and polka dot embossing would be on every card I make- love it! Thanks for sharing with the Dynamic Duos this week- God Bless.

Linda Callahan said...

Love the wreath! Your card has so many wonderful details! Beautiful for the holidays!

Nonni said...

Beautiful! I love the embossing and your contemporary wreath. Thanks for joining us again at Inskpirational!

Loll said...

Very pretty wreath Sue. Love it on the polka-dot embossing. Noticed the woodgrain stamping right away ... makes a great background for your sentiment. Great job! Loll xx

Bonnie said...

What a pretty wreath, Sue! Love the red flowers and didn't notice that one was missing! Great job on the fussy cutting! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

Yvonne Garner said...

What a stunning card. Love the embossed texture too. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!

JoAnn said...

Very pretty wreath. Love the design of your card.

Greta said...

Your card jumped off the page when I went to MM--love it!

Notes by Nina said...

Very pretty card Sue, your wreath is beautiful. Thank you for playing along with Merry Monday.

Notes by Nina said...

Very pretty card Sue, your wreath is beautiful. Thank you for playing along with Merry Monday.

Lesley said...

This card is a beauty. I love the fresh look and the festive wreath. Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

Susan Joyce said...

Gorgeous Holiday card, I love all the texture and how you worked the wreath. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday.

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

I just LOVE your card! I wanted to let you know that I’ve chosen your creation as one of my Weekly Picks and linked back to your blog! Thanks so much for sharing your talent. Kathy at stampsatplay.blogspot.com

Jingle said...

I love what you've done with that wreath! Very pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CAS-ual Fridays!