Sunday, 2 June 2013

Less Is More week 122 and The Play Date Cafe #184



Hello, lovely crafters and bloggers.

This week's Less Is More challenge is a colour challenge - use the colour of your front door and here is my card. My front door is white with a Georgian panel in the top half which I've used as inspiration

This week's lovely Play Date Cafe colours - Smokey plum - Cherry Blossom - Lava also provided inspiration and the flower is made using Memory Box Cherry Blossom die (window die also by Memory Box).


For the panel behind the window, I inked using a little sponge and 3 TH distress inks - Dusty Concord, Victorian Velvet and Barn Door, then splashed with water. Sorry about the shadows on the photo, it's that time of day!

Thanks for stopping by, have a lovely evening. 

Sue x

13 comments:

Kathyk said...

What a smashing way to brighten up your WHITE card

Kathyk

Chrissie said...

Lovely colours and I love this window die.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

Cathy said...

These colours are so pretty, love the flower too Cathy x

Mrs Harry said...

This is just lovely, great colours.

Glittertastic said...

Wonderful colours - a very pretty card

Sharon
x

Claire said...

Very pretty Sue - I've been tempted to buy that die recently...definitely on my wish list!

Valerie said...

Fabulous colours Sue, great interpretation of the theme!
Val x

Vicky Hayes said...

I love the way you've linked these two challenges Sue and your card is stunning with that fabulous inky background and the delicate flower against the die cut. Vicky x

Donna Bowman said...

Very cool card! Love the waterdrops on the inks! Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe.

Rachel W K said...

this is so creative and beautiful. love what you made! Thanks for joining us in the Play Date Cafe!
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.com

mypapercraftworld said...

Oh my goodness, Sue, this is just gorgeous ... love love love those stunning colours pouring in through the window! Anita :)

Jen said...

I'm really sorry for my late visit.. just wanted to pop over and say Hi
Thanks for joining us this week
Jen
"Less Is More"

Lynn said...

Oh I love the blended paper behind the window. Thanks for playing along at The Play Date Cafe!