Wednesday 15 May 2013

Addicted to Stamps and More #45 - Photo Inspiration



Hello dear crafting friends, and welcome to new members, Sylvia-Anne and Beverley.

It's time to start a new challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More, and this week we have fabulous photo inspiration. Our wonderful sponsor for this challenge is Whoopsi Daisy who will be awarding a prize to this week's Top Addict.

I have made two DT cards to show to you - one using dies and one using stamps, taking the window and flowers from the photo inspiration and here's what transpired.



My first card was made using Memory Box window, branch, leaves and flowers dies and TH Coredination card and the "wooden panel" was embossed with an EF then sanded to create the wood effect.



For the second card, I used Poppies stamp and lattice embossing folder by Stampin' Up. After  stamping with Sepia archival ink and colouring in with SU markers, I added some TH distress inks with a little sponge, cut the image into 9 squares and mounted onto the embossed panel inked around the edges with TH distressing tool. 

Please do check out the wonderful creations that the other ladies on the design team have made and we hope you've been inspired to play along this week.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Sue x

8 comments:

Kylie said...

Two wonderful cards, Sue. I LOVE them both. Your interpretation of the photo is genius! xx

Loll said...

Hi Sue. Two fabulous cards. Love the window with that great textured wall - fantastic. And your poppies are so beautiful - love the soft and subtle colors. Loll xx

Nonni said...

Both of your cards are really beautiful, Sue! The stamped one must be my favorite though -really clever how you've cut it "window-like". Wish I had thought of that since I had nothing window-themed in my stash! :)

Cathy said...

Gorgeous, love both of these cards Sue :) Cathy x

sandie said...

Hi Sue, I was wondering how you did that wood panel effect on the fist card. It looks great, I had forgotten about the sanding technique-thanks for the reminder!

Danielle Vincent said...

Both cards are fabulous Sue but must admit that I am in LOVE with the embossing on your window card!!

Deepti Stephens said...

Beautiful cards!

Flo Langley said...

Two wonderful cards Sue. I was thinking that the first one could easily be turned into a Christmas card if the flowers/leaves where changed to holly and with a bit of snow. TFS and for the inspiration.
Have a great weekend.
Florence xx